Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Once More Into The Breach

So tomorrow (today?) I’m going to the Kheiran Resort. Not because we don’t have a chalet, but because it’s the only place big enough to pull of something on the scale of what my family is planning to do. They’re having this huge weekend get-together of extended family, of cousins, second cousins, cousins twice-removed and God knows who else. I think they’re renting a total of about 20 units or so. Cool but weird. Which kind of describes my family. I love them to death but they’re nuts (Thank God).

I’m thinking it’s going to be tons of fun but insanely busy. I’m taking Jayne, but I don’t know if I’ll have online access or even time to get online if I do. Hopefully nothing too interesting will happen within the ‘sphere while I’m there. Either way, I’ll be back on Friday with many stories I’m sure.

In other news, you know when you’ve hit the upper threshold of geekitude? It’s not when more than half your library is sci-fi fantasy. No, it’s not when your speech is peppered with expressions exclusive to fandom (and mostly sci-fi fandom at that). It’s not even when you find it necessary to correct people who misquote your shows.

Hitting the upper threshold of geekitude is when you read anthropomorphic erotica with the pairing academia/pure maths and you think it’s cute, funny as hell and kinda hot. I… I think I might be a little shell-shocked. And a pervert. I’m sorry ok? I have a math kink. Math talk is just… it’s hot people!

Here’s a little quote:

Pure Maths iterated an algorithm in an attempt to hide its excitement.

"Take me," pleaded Academia. "Take me like a runaway freight train that leaves Boston at 9:18 travelling west at 143 miles per hour."

Pure Maths chuckled, its rich laugh reaching deep into its natural logarithms. "Party tricks," it sneered. "You want me to do party tricks? Applied Maths could do this!"


And:

"You want me to make you see uncountable infinities you've never even dreamt of?" Pure Maths asked, perhaps not noticing, perhaps not caring about the effect ending a sentence with a preposition had on its companion. "You want a long, hard Cantor's Diagonal Proof up against the wall?"

It was all Academia could do to nod acquiescence.

"You're going to have to beg."

For an anthropomorph so used to verifying its sources, this was not a problem. "I need you like I need footnotes. I need you like I need lecturers who mutter into the board rather than engaging with their students. I need you like I need Dilbert cartoons gracing the doors of my offices."


Full piece found here.

And Krispy before you shun me read this hyperbole/understatement romance.

5 comments:

kwtia said...

hehehe
nice find..

The Solar Alchemist said...

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I loved it I read this at work and had to bite my toung not to burst out laughing :)

I'm glad to see like I'm not the only person with wierd interests around here :p !

The Krispy Dixie said...

hahahahaha that was funny sno! ... I'm talking about the link... the piece you put in your post was actually pretty hot! Its an interesting concept! :D

... and only a little freaky :P but we don't judge here in the blogosphere :P

Aisha said...

loooooooooooooooool

that was SO disturbing that it was hilarious.

loooooool.

oh my god.. who would've thought? :|

SnoCone said...

kwtia Yes well, we can't compete with collectors of the newsworthy. Might as well collect the giggleworthy.

solar I'm glad I'm not the only one either!

Krispy I thought you'd appreciate it. ;)

palo-girl Welcome to my blog. Disturbing huh? Disturbingly hot maybe. :P And an entire livejournal community apparently.