Monday, June 19, 2006

Forget the Cowboys, Just Find Out About the Prose

I don’t need a prairie sun or a happy ending, so I’m not doing the dishes. Also, the cowboys are probably off hooking up with each other. Here’s some poetry.

Ever since you left
I have not missed you

That the small of my back longs
For the curve of your palm
Means nothing at all

Nor does the fact that your pillow
Remains as it is, unwashed
After all
Hardly any traces
Of your scent
Cling to it anymore

It is becoming rare
That a stranger’s random smile
Invokes your memory

My laughter is genuine
My carefree air
Is no pretense
Mostly

My fingers absently
Tracing the shape of your lips
Is of no consequence

Because ever since you left
I have not missed you
At all

2 comments:

Dr.Lost said...

ok, nice poem, a little mean maybe ;p but still nice ;) why r all the bloggers writin poems these days! whats goin on? and when will i learn 2 write one?

SnoCone said...

dr. lost Thanks. A little mean? You mean that there's poetry that's actually sweet?! ;P I dunno about everyone else, but to me it's all about the self-worth baby! You want to write poetry? Uh... how about we leave the sciences to you and the arts to everyone else? ;P "Welcome to my blog," she says despite her increasing discomfort.

orange juice lol, funny that I was discussing dishwashing with an online friend just last night. I've never been in love so I can't comment on that as a motivation. I just love to write. :)