Monday, December 10, 2007

Back Again. Er.. Again.

So, Sometimes you have to fall off the face of the earth. I've gone to ground with nary a resurfacing in months. Lots of things happened, significant to me but probably not that interesting. Also forgetting your password and your username is not conductive to good blogging. In short, summers and new beginnings in life, but in small ordinary ways. Sometimes you renew your lease but it's all routine and water under the bridge. So I'm a little less emo, a little more... me. I'm not sure if this blog is now obsolete,but, as always, I post into the void, and the void weighs the worthiness of a response.

So anyway, I thought after such a long absence, better come bearing gifts. Small, but heartfelt.

We were born to be heroes, you and I, that is our fate. We are humanity's last great hope. We are our last attempt at a good thing. We built the world, height upon height, we rose up reaching for the sky. We thought we could leave the mess, the grit and dirt of humanity behind. Reaching out to the clean expanse of sky, dirtying it as we reached. We spread and multiplied, full of ambition and hubris, brushing aside the pain and squalor of the seething masses. Little did we know that from that squalor would rise our downfall. So rose the end of the world, born of pain and misery and fear. So our numbers dwindled down to nothing and we withered away. And so, here we are, you and I, heads raised about to cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war. To defend the fate of a species that has led us down the road to hell, with their good intentions and ambition. Then they left us here, living in the shadows of what they have wrought, mere skeletons now. Left us with hollow husks, laying under this blotted out sun. What a legacy they’ve left us, cadavers, monoliths, useless, a tribute to a pointless race whose outcome has been lost to time. This is what we have chosen to defend, have been chosen to sacrifice our lives for. To preserve humanity, the feeble remains of the seething masses. We’re broken, you and I, the lonely relics of a proud race. We will stand, shoulder to shoulder, back to back, on the frontlines of this battle. We will fight. For our lives, for their lives, for the future, whatever its worth, we will fight. Fight and die and be forgotten. Like those who have brought us to this point. Die for the fleeting wish for existence. Die for the faint hope that we will prevail. Never has a battle been fought for something so insignificant, never has a battle been fought for something so profound. We were born to be heroes, you and I, that is our misfortune.

2 comments:

slartybartfarst said...

Apocalypse now....or sometime soon...I just read a book, The Saddest Pleasure by Moritz Thomsen, which ends up painting an apocalyptic end for us all and one which is unavoidale, all in the name of money.....not least the Amazon rain forest, diminishing by thousands of acres as I write, in the name of profit....suicide in the name of the dollar.
Hey, good to see you back. Was it good where you were?

The Krispy Dixie said...

Hey...

long time, no read.

I was looking through some of the old comments on my blog and I found one from you so I thought "Hey, I wonder if she's still blogging..?"

I haven't blogged since March i think...

Anyway, I'm bookmarking your page so i'll be back.

good to hear ur writing is just as fresh and biting as ever ;)

take care