Thursday, November 30, 2006

Behold Its Ethereal Glow


Ethereal Glow indeed.

After some years of idle longing, I finally got my hands on Joss Whedon’s short-lived brainchild. I thought about it, I talked about it, I talked of getting it, and then one day I shut up and finally did get it. Firefly. Space Cowboys have never seemed this real.

I have seen Firefly at long last, and I straddle the fence between satisfaction and regret. You see, the problem is, this show is too easy to fall in love with. It sneaks to your heart with its wit and humor and hidden nobility. It perplexes you with its apparent simplicity when really it’s oh so very complex. Its characters are too real, too raw, too flawed, too much for you to ignore. The show is endearing, enduring, and very cancelled.

Alas, here lies a show that shows, it never really is just science-fiction.

1 comment:

Fhaid said...

Ohhh !! Firefly ! this show is everywhere I go ! there are many many many people who recommended it for me [being kinda Sci-fi whore] but I never really watched an episode ov it... But im most deff. planning to