Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Aut insanit homo, aut versus facit

Well, I’m not writing verses…

I feel like my creek has run dry. No rhymes in weeks, no prose in months, and all I can come up with is worthy of a talent less schoolgirl with delusions of grandeur.

Midas touch, scratch that, reverse it. Beneath my fingers everything I touch turns to shit, to filth, to dust.

Exhibit A, tired of my half hearted attempts to not live from allowance to allowance, dad gets me a ‘make do’ TV; one day later its broken carcass is being dragged out leaving broken shards and the smell of burnt electricity in its wake. So much for attaching the DVD player. Oops, clumsy me, my bad, yes I do deserve pretty things. I excuse myself, lock bathroom door, claw at my skin until I scrape off a patch on one arm and rebreak the skin on the other. The coppery smell and red on my fingers let me cruise through the concern and my dad replacing the set. I’d walk down memories lane of other exhibits, broken objects ranging from to worthless to priceless, broken friendships that have cracked beneath my heavy hand… but what’s the point?

Word to the wise, don’t make that first cut. Who would have thought the self-harm slope would be this fucking slippery? Nearly four years of resisting its siren song, then the whisper of ‘how much damage can you possibly do with your nails’, and now a couple of days after they’ve scabbed over I’ve got the shakes. In my own defense, how much damage can you do with your nails? I mean I saw a pack of razorblades at boots, real ones, none of that safety shite. So pretty it’d make you cry, but I resisted. Don’t I deserve a freebie?

Quick question, how sad is it that I’m more bothered by the whole thing being clichéd than I am by its being unhealthy?

P.S. I keep ‘forgetting’ to take my meds. Shhh, it’s our secret. We all know that they’re a con anyway.

2 comments:

kwtia said...

Break the chains Snocone...you deserve to be happy and we want you around to read your beautiful words..'Beneath your fingers' are letters, use them more often.

kaal boishakhi said...

its hard. and the urges never go away. relapse is at bay, always inevitable, eventually not worth fighting off anymore.

i know what youre going through because its what i go through everyday. even when ive stopped.
a lifetime worth of blood spilt..andfor what you wonder?
you know...it served its function as it always does and then drowns you in the cum of its addiction to where you can no longer use it to control your life better, and it begins to control you.
such bleh.
but it kept/keeps me kicking. no regrets.

http://shinyleatherinthedark.blogspot.com/2006/05/hmph-crosses-arm-puts-on-shades-and.html